background

Monday 15 August 2011

Christmas Pop up Shop


I know, I know it is August....Christmas is a million miles away and no-one wants to think about it, sadly in retail this is the time of year one must think about Christmas stock and events.  Personally I adore Christmas and am really excited about having our first one in our lovely new house.  This year with the opening of our teaching studio and the launch of my Etsy shop (coming soon) I have been toying with the idea of a pop-up Christmas shop here for a couple of days during the festive season.  I love the idea of local people coming here for a drink, a chat, to buy handmade gifts and maybe even have a go at making something themselves.  We want to source handmade items from local designer makers and showcase them here with a lovely social atmosphere.  I hope that people will come to shop and stay to make friends and chat.  It is something I am really quite excited about and hope to repeat in future years if it goes well.  I am a real winter person and love any excuse to snuggle in with hot drinks, candle light and good company.  I will be serving drinks and nibbles and if all goes to plan getting to know my new neighbours and maybe even teaching a few people how to make tree decorations and personalised stockings.  If you know of anyone in the local area that is a maker or crafts person pass them over in my direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment