background

Thursday 11 August 2011

My first student

Although officially we are not open yet I had my first student today at the Studio.  She didn't want to wait for the course so I offered her a 1-2-1 lesson which she jumped at.  After all the planning it was lovely to have someone here to see the space and get some feedback on it.  Thankfully my teaching skills are still good despite a break of a few months and I flowed back into it quickly.  She was so happy with the cushion that she made (first time ever using a machine!) that she took a bunch of leaflets with her with promises of passing to all she met.  These are the kind of people you need marketing for you as they do much more than a website or advert can.  I hope to have many more students here as the Summer reaches an end and people start to think about Autumn crafting and gift making.  It will be lovely to have the place full of people discovering a craft for the 1st time.

No comments:

Post a Comment