background

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Launch of the Studio

If you follow me through Twitter or Facebook you will probably know that I am opening a creative teaching space here in a lovely annexe we have.  It has been a labour of love and I am very excited about having lovely people here to learn and to enjoy the space.   I am busy ordering sewing machines, finding lovely items to stock and making everything perfect for the launch party on the 21st August.  We are having a little tea party and hope that some local people will come along and check us out and then pass it on to other local people.  I really want to encourage a good local base of crafty people that come to learn or just to use the space for larger projects they are making.  It is important to me that the classes are accessible to local  people as well as those coming from further a field.  We are offering set workshops, evening knit and stitch groups and the option to come for parties, use the space for a group meeting and come along to hire a machine and use the equipment for a project that may need more space.  We will slowly stock more and more haberdashery items and lots of lovely locally produced wool and my personal dream of having a little Christmas pop up shop in December.  I am also inviting local crafts people to come to me with ideas of courses that could be run here and hopefully offer a few more interesting classes.  On the Sewing front I am making my Christmas range at the moment which always seems a little strange in the middle of Summer but that is the way the retail world works.  My Etsy shop Little Rowan Tree is opening soon and I will keep you up to date on that and all  my other exciting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment