background

Saturday 27 August 2011

New Arrivals

We had a great Launch tea party on Sunday and lovely people came along, had tea and cake and got to see what we have to offer.  The feedback was fantastic and everyone loved the space, stroked the new fabrics and booked courses.  Once I had calmed down from all the preparation for the launch I got back to sewing and sourcing new stock for the studio.  In the next few weeks we will be bringing in lovely shetland wool from Chrissie at Purple Hurdle a local farmer of rare breed sheep that I met at Woolsery Show here in Clovelly.  Her wool comes in 6 gorgeous colours as seen below

       

I will also be stocking Aran wool from another local farmer Gillian at South Yeo Farm East from her rare breed Balwen Sheep.
 

We already have bamboo knitting needles from Clover in a huge variety of sizes and some Knit Pro needles in the smaller sizes as well as stitch holder's, point protectors, cable needles and row counters.  Our knitting accessories as all of our stock will increase as the demand is there allowing us to grow organically as a business.
On a more personal note I have started a new hobby, I have been fascinated by spinning for some time particularly as it falls into my love of all things traditional and people powered.  I am awaiting a spinning wheel currently being restored by my Mum, in the meantime she gave me a drop spindle and a huge bag of different types of cleaned and carded fleece for Christmas.  It has been untouched until now, in typical fashion I jumped on youtube found some videos and off I went, as you can see above my yarn is very uneven but I am hugely satisfied with it as a use of my time.  In that vein I am currently searching for a local Spinning teacher to run classes with me here at the studio, there is a big gap locally and lots of lovely fleece around, if you know of anyone in Devon who would like to teach please let me know.
Have a lovely Evening!
Sarah








No comments:

Post a Comment